Your first impression after the confirmation of your membership in November 2023?
- Our greatest gratitude towards all members of WOTA for accepting Selangor Turf Club (SLTC) as an Associate member.
- We are able to interact closely with fellow members.
- We are excited about the potential opportunities, events and connections that WoTA offers.
- We are feeling more included in the group and have a heightened awareness of being part of a community with shared interests.
What can WoTA brings to your company? And what your company can bring to WoTA?
- A platform to promote SLTC
- WoTA members contribute to the research, education and treatment of problem gambling are great for knowledge sharing and innovation for SLTC
- We are having common interest in the horse racing industry
- International conferences and events that bring people from different countries together to discuss common issue, share knowledge and build connections.
- SLTC will participate in activities organized by WoTA.
What can WoTA do differently (or change priorities) to become even more relevant for you?
To bridge and connect with racing people from different countries, share experiences and build cross-cultural friendships.
- new terminal wagering system
- Launching new betting APP
What kind of relationship do you have with tote/horserace betting operators?
We are working very closely with major tote operators who are members of WoTA.
Where do you see your company in a 10 – 15 years’ time?
Telecast SLTC races and commingle with more countries.
What do you do when you are not in charge of Horserace betting issues?
SLTC runs an equestrian centre on site
Please tell us what is your best memory of a sport (horseracing or other) event you have attended?
Our chairman always cherished the attendance of International Conference of Horse Racing Authorities. He is very impressed with the Conference and the Qatar Prix de l’Arc de Trimophe race meeting.